Client Adarsh Credit Co-operative Society
Start Date 9th Sep 2016
Duration 3 months
Deliverables Mobile app design
We were engaged to work on the second version of the app after the first version had been released. The application was supposed to work in a two-layer structure where advisors were supposed to help other users perform their banking operations. The Adarsh team had launched two different applications that would allow these two groups.
While the apps were supposed to make all the operations much more efficient and paper-less, the app wasn’t actually working as they were supposed to. One look at usage patterns indicated that most transactions occurred near the end of the day, indicating that the app was used as a secondary tool to keep track of transactions being performed first on paper. So this was one of the first goals we set for ourselves — to increase the inherent usefulness of the application so that people would start to use it as their primary mode of tracking transactions.
The wonderful team at Adarsh were very supportive in our efforts, backed us with all the data we needed and answered all the questions. This made our work during the discovery phase very simple indeed. The app was worked on remotely with only about three in-person meetings and with all the other work being performed remotely.
Once the development team was engaged roughly three-fourths of the way, we got more questions regarding specific interactions and effects and such. We developed videos to explain these details which they were able to translate into code and implement.
Overall, this project was filled with many learnings, un-learnings and filled with challenges to our assumptions and a real eye-opener making it one of the most enjoyable projects for us.